Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Destination

An amazing journey has come to an end. As I flipped to the last page, I couldn't help but recall the emotional moments in "Three Day Road." Boyden, in under 400 pages, has managed to create a piece of work that I believe will last for a long time. By alternating between the point of view of the characters and the timeline, the author has effectively laid out his story so that the readers' experience is far from disappointing. The questions wrapped up nicely, such as the reason why Niska was expecting Elijah when she saw Xavier. The sentimental moments, such as a characters' death or glory, will forever play in my mind like a movie, as Boyden's language was both descriptive and fluent. I highly recommend it to anyone, and thank my friend and teacher for introducing such a coherent piece of literature to me.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on completing the reading journey. I am glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing you take action on your Inquiry Question

    ReplyDelete